Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fireflies: He Hasn't Forgotten About Me


Do you remember in the movie The Color Purple when Shug Avery and Celie were talking about purple flowers in the field?  Let me refresh your memory: 
Shug: More than anything God love admiration. 
Celie: You saying God is vain? 
Shug: No, not vain, just wanting to share a good thing. I think it pisses God off when you walk by the colour purple in a field and don't notice it. 
Celie: You saying it just wanna be loved like it say in the bible? 
Shug: Yeah, Celie. Everything wanna be loved. Us sing and dance, and holla just wanting to be loved. Look at them trees. Notice how the trees do everything people do to get attention... except walk? 
[they laugh

Well, during my drive home the fireflies were out in full force today.  Beautiful twinkling fireflies.  And in my spirit I heard God say "Smile.  I'm still here."  So I smiled and was thankful that He lit up the fireflies just for me (and you) to remind me that He was still thinking of me.  And I said "Thank You.  Amen." 

No comments:

Post a Comment